J. G. Mayer was founded 141 years ago and at that time was a purveyor to the King of Bavaria’s court. Around 100 years ago, the grandfather of the present owner purchased the business, which has now been held by the family for four generations.
After World War 2, the shop was extended by two shop units and the first floor was added to expand the sales area. The enlarged shop was soon ready to open up again in 1946. In the last few decades the shop has been repeatedly renovated and upgraded, with the friendly support of the City of Munich.
In 2017 we also made our entrance into the digital age, so that we can now be available online for our customers round the clock.